Last Saturday, I had the luxury to sleep in. As somebody who works from 9 to 5 everyday, and has to commute to his office at 6 AM, waking up at 10 AM even just for one day is indeed a luxury. That day, my only itinerary was just a quick afternoon meeting continued with a dinner with some of my good friends at Born Ga (I’ve been craving for Korean foods since a month ago.)
Anyways, after finally deciding to wake up and take a shower, I opened my laptop and found out that one of my favorite bands, The 1975, just released their new album I Like It When You Sleep, for You Are So Beautiful Yet So Unaware of It, the night before. Out of all the singles that they released, my favorites are The Sound and UGH! I opened Youtube to search for their VEVO channel and play em singles out loud as I enjoyed my chill Saturday.
Just a few minutes later, I ended up opening Hypetrak, Soundcloud and some other VEVO channels to find some new songs that I can put in my playlist. And voila, next thing I knew, I created this playlist that I call ‘Chillin Companion’. I listen to this playlist every day now. In the car, on the way to the office, and at the office to accompany me writing.
A few days ago I randomly posted on my Path, “I love my playlist a little bit too much I might make a blog post out of it.” So, here I am, sharing with you 29 songs (the two songs from Rudimental are DR’s pick) I stumbled upon last Saturday that I think are really worth listening. Some of em are new singles, some of em are not.
- Panama – Always
- Dom Dolla – Define (feat. Go Freak)
- Flume & Chet Faker – Drop The Game
- Deorro – Five More Hours (feat. Chris Brown)
- 99 Souls – The Girl is Mine
- Panama – How We Feel
- Chvrches – Leave A Trace
- Paris – Magic Man
- Disclosure – Magnets (feat. Lorde)
- Chvrches – The Mother We Share
- The Neighbourhood – Sweater Weather
- Halsey – New Americana
- Chet Faker – No Diggity
- Duke Dumont – Ocean Drive
- The Rapture – Sister Saviour (DFA Dub)
- Hayden James – Something About You (Pete Tong Kingstown Remix)
- The 1975 – The Sound
- Milky Chance – Stolen Dance
- Sun Shy – Dresses
- The Do – Too Insistent (Trentemoller Remix)
- Marcus Marr – The Trouble With Us (feat. Chet Faker)
- Madeon – You’re On (feat. Kyan)
- The 1975 – UGH!
- Grace – You Don’t Own me (feat. G-Eazy)
- Zara Larsson – Lush Life
- Zara Larsson – Never Forget You (feat. MNEK)
- Rudimental – Rumour Mill (feat. Anne-Marie & Will Heard)
- Rudimental – Lay It All On Me (feat. Ed Sheeran)
- Jason Derulo – Get Ugly (This one is a guilty pleasure.. LOL.)
Here is my playlist, what’s yours? Please feel free to drop a comment and recommend me your favorite weekend tune.
Write to you later,